iPASS card is your souvenir!
💡If you will return to Taiwan in the future, we suggest using up all the money on the card and topping up on your next visit.
- When applying to close an iPASS card, the original price is still non-refundable, and the iPASS card is needed to return the money.
- If your iPASS card is damaged, but the chip or card number is still recognizable, the money left on it can be returned after verification.
- The money saved on the iPASS card is not refundable, except for when closing the card.
- After closing the card, it will cease to work, and you will be charged TWD$20 if you want to re-open it.
- Closing fee: When closing the card, you will be charged TWD$20 if the iPASS card has been used less than five times and no longer than three months.
- The closing fee will be aken from the money remaining on the card.
Procedure for closing an iPASS Card
- Go to an iPASS service center or info-booth in any Taoyuan Metro ( Taoyuan Airport MRT ) and Kaohsiung MRT station to close the card. ( If the remaining balance on it is more than TWD$5,001, MRT stations cannot close it for you.)
- If your iPASS card has any abnormality or you have any inquiries about the refund, you may fill out a form to have your card collected and brought back to the iPASS company. You will need to pay the posting and transaction fee (in Taiwan only) unless the iPASS card has not been damaged by human cause. We will inform you of further details within 10 days after receiving it.
Post service to close an iPASS card
The “Post service for iPASS Card” envelope can be acquired at 7-ELEVEN, OK MART, Hi-Life , or Taiwan Railway stations. Please put the iPASS Card and copied cover of your account book in the envelope and mail it to the iPASS Company. You will need to pay the postage fee unless the iPASS card has not been damaged by human cause. We will inform you of further details within 10 days after receiving it.